Permit Extensions (Two Years)
All permits issued by DEP and WMD with expiration dates of 1/1/12 to 1/1/14 may be extended and renewed for two years after the previous date of expiration. This includes any local government issued development order or building permit, including certificates of level of service (COA).
- This extension is ADDITIONAL to any existing permit extension.
- Statutory extensions may not exceed four years total.
- Commencement and completion dates for corresponding mitigation are extended.
- Applicants/Permittees must notify the agency in writing by December 31, 2011.
- Permits extended continue to be governed by the rules in effect at time of permit issuance.
DRI Extensions (Four Years)
- All co
- mmencement, phase, buildout, and expiration dates for projects that are currently valid DRIs are extended for four years regardless of any previous extension.
- The four-year extension is not a substantial deviation, is not subject to further DRI review, and may not be considered when determining whether a subsequent extension is a substantial deviation.
- The developer must notify the local government in writing by December 31, 2011 to receive the extension.
For more information on how we can help process your extensions, contact Laura DeJohn at [email protected].