1. Replacing light fixtures and air conditioning units, as needed, with more energy efficient models.
2. Maximizing efficiency of air conditioning settings while maintaining a comfortable workplace.
3. Encouraging the use of Go-To-Meeting and teleconferencing to reduce travel.
4. Use of energy-saver settings for computers, printers and other office equipment.
5. Conducting regular maintenance on air conditioning units to see proper functionality.
Things all employees can do:
1. Turn off computers and other office equipment overnight and on weekends.
2. Turn off lights and fans when leaving the office.
3. Make sure energy-saver settings are used on computers.
4. Close/open blinds to reduce heat gain during warm months, increase heat gained from sun during colder months.
5. Maintain appropriate tire pressure to maximize fuel efficiency.